Thursday 20 September 2012

Writing Inventory

Riley Sherrard
I do not write in my spare time, but there are many things I do other than that.  In my spare time I enjoy playing video games, go on the computer and watch television.  Some of my favorite kinds of writing are adventure and horror.  I enjoy these types of writing because they are full of suspense and action.  The kind of writing that comes easy to me is narrative because I find it easy to make up something then to have a set topic to write about.  The kind of writing that I find challenging is essay because I have a hard time writing about a set topic.
                I get my ideas for writing from my head.  All my ideas I usually think of off the top of my head when the topic is given to me.  I wrote a descriptive piece of writing in writing class called The Run.  It is about a horse and her foal running away from the ranch they were raised in to the mountains because they hate the life they are living.  The story I have just spoken about is one I am especially proud of because I have put a lot of work into it and I believe it is one of my best.  I usually only write one draft for school assignments and then add to it as I find and correct errors. 
                I think my voice is one of my strengths as a writer and also how I can keep my readers interested.  I think some of my weaknesses as a writer are my word choice, punctuation and sentence structure.  I am not sure what my favorite thing to write about is because I do not write very often.  My goals as a writer this semester are to become an overall better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment