Monday 17 December 2012

Trading Places with the Chief

     "You have been called upon to serve, you will be trained... and you will become the best we can make of you. You will be the protectors of Earth and all her colonies..."  If I could trade places with any fictional character it would be Master Chief from the video game series Halo.    He is a super soldier who is very strong, has shields and is one of the most respected Spartans in the UNSC.  Who wouldn't want to be him?  Although being Master Chief would be the definition of awesome, there are some reasons why I wouldn't want to be him.  In the following paragraphs I will give reasons why I would want to be Master Chief, but I will also give some reasons why I wouldn't want to be him.

     One reason I would want to be Master Chief is because he is a super soldier.  There are so many things he can do such as jump higher, lift heavier things and withstand a lot of damage compared to a normal human being.  The only thing is I wouldn't be using these assets for saving the world as Master Chief does.  I would be fooling around with these abilities and having fun.  I would love to have such abilities because there would be so much more things I could do that I couldn't do now.  Examples are lifting heavy things for my father, being able to reach high things and fall without getting hurt as much.

     Another reason I would want to be Master Chief is because of what he has done for the universe.  He has saved the universe multiple times from alien threats such as the Covenant, the Flood and the Prometheans.  Even though it would suck risking your life all of the time, it would be cool to have so many accomplishments over your head.  From the games, you can see the prices Chief must pay while doing this and sometimes it is not always worth the trouble, but I would love to have done such good things for humanity.

     The final reason I would like to trade place with Master Chief is the respect everyone of his superiors and inferiors have for him.  I know he has earned it, but I would love for people to respect me as much as everyone does him.  Wherever Chief goes there is usually another soldier or civilian surprised and happy to see him and they treat him  like a hero, which he is.  I wish I could be treated like that wherever I went.

     Even though I would definitely trade places with Master Chief, there is also a  reason I wouldn't want to be him.  The reason I wouldn't want to be him is because of the emotional things he went through in his life.  When Chief was a child he was kidnapped and scientists did experiments on him without permission.  He had to leave his parents and he had no choice.  Also, all of the experiments he went through would have been painful and some people he met died from them.  Master Chief had to witness a lot of people die, some soldiers, some civilians and he lost his AI and only friend left Cortana.

     As you can see there are many reasons why I would want to be Master Chief and why I wouldn't want to be.  He has so many awesome abilities and he is well respected, but it came at a great price.  He has no one left that was close to him and really took the time to get to know him.


No comments:

Post a Comment