Wednesday 5 December 2012

The Time Capsule of 2012


Part 1- My Five Items
My five items for the time capsule would be:
                One of the items I would put into the time capsule would be a Canadian Flag.  The main reason I would put this in is so they could compare it with their own.  They would be able to see if the Canadian Flag has changed in design, if it even will.   I would also put the flag in because it is very important to our country today.  It is how other countries know who we are now in 2012.
                Another item I would put into the time capsule would be a photo of my family and my family tree.  If they saw a picture of my family they would be able to learn a bit about us and how we lived.  They could also see my family tree and possibly find out they are of some relation.  Using the picture of my family they could also compare it to their own and see the kinds of differences between the families of now in 2012 to then in 2112. 
                The next thing I would put into the time capsule would be Canadian money.  Money could and will most likely change over the years.  Money of today in 2012 could be rare and collectable so it would be exciting if they found some.  They could compare the coins and bills of now to theirs of the future to see how the design and values have changed.  Maybe in the future they will not even have coins or bills, but rather money will be only on credit cards.
                Also, I would put newspaper clippings of current events into the time capsule.  Using these clippings they would be able to learn a little about what is going on in the world in 2012.  I would put only very important events such as the death of Osama bin Laden and the problems within the Middle East.
                The last thing I would put in the time capsule is a copy of Halo 4.  I would put this game in because it is amazing and very fun.  They could use it and compare different features with video games of the future.  Also, maybe aliens will come to earth so they can compare the aliens with those in the game.  They could see how accurate, if at all, the game is.  Aliens will probably not come to earth in 100 years, but it is possible.
Part 2- My Letter To the Future
Dear Readers of the Future,
                My name is Riley and I am 15 years old.  I live in New Brunswick, Canada with my parents, brother and sister.  My parent’s names are Krista and Robert and my brother’s and sister’s names are Ronan and Raelyn.  I enjoy playing video games, browsing the internet and watching TV in my spare time.
                There are a lot of important things that have happened and that are going on in our world today.  On big event happening now are the missiles being fired into Israel in the Middle East.  Israel has been having many problems in the Middle East lately.  Another event that happened awhile ago was the death of Osama bin Laden, a very dangerous terrorist of our time.  Other important events that have happened in the last century were the attack on the World Trade Center and the earthquake in Haiti.  Not many important things happen here in our community, so there is not much I can talk about.  There has also been nothing to important happening in my life recently. 
Sincerely,
Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment