Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Adventure of Tommy


“Holy ole jump ins Tommy, where were ya?  You only live two or three minutes up the road and I told you to come over about half an hour ago.”
            “Oh Jimmy give me a break, I went for a little adventure.”
            “Well I gotta be home in about ten minutes, so does Chris and Shane.  You’re no fun Tommy.”
            “Well wait a sec till ya’ll go; I gotta tell yous what just happened to me.”
            “You better make it quick; you already wasted all my play time.  We were gonna go down to the park for a swing, but so much for that plan.”
            “Well, it went like this…….”
            So I just left the house after ya’ll called and got to the side walk.  When I looked down the road I noticed Miss McCully out washing her car so I figured I would be nice and go for a visit.  When I went up to her and asked her how she was doing this fine day she just ignored me, so I figured I would just wait around.  After a while she was still ignoring me so I started raining down questions on her.  She eventually got fed up with me so she just spun around and drenched me with the hose.  I figured then that she didn't want me around so I started on my way again.
            Once I got up the road a little ways I ran into Mr. Huffington, the delivery man.  I stopped and asked him what he was up to.  He said he was on his way to deliver some chips to the grocery store when his truck broke down.  He seemed to be awfully busy because he wasn't saying anything, so I figured I would treat myself to a bag of chips from his truck.  When I started to walk away he was screeching and hollering something at me and I figured it was about the chips, so I started running.
            I ran back behind Mrs. Jane’s house and ate my chips.  They were salty and crispy and … Sorry kinda got outta hand there. So, as I was saying I ran behind Mrs. Jane’s house and I noticed that she was staring at me the whole time with a sour looking face on.  She scowled at me saying “What in the good father’s name are you doing back here you rotten little scoundrel!”  I tried to explain to her I was running from the delivery man, but she didn't really want to know in the first place.  She took her paper out and started to role it up so I went on the run again.  I jumped up on her shed, hopped on top of the fence and climbed up her neighbor’s tree.
            I really think the worst mistake I made was climbing down from that tree.  I ended up in Mr. Roger’s back yard and worst of all he was mowing.  The old grouch started chasing me around the yard just yelling and hollering like a mad man.  Luckily, his granddaughter was in her play pen and started screeching at the top of her lungs, so he had to stop the mower and calm her down.   This gave me a chance to escape.  I hopped the fence and ended up behind Killer’s, the old German Sheppard, dog house.
            Actually, maybe that was the worst mistake I made, I was never so scared in my life.  I figured it would be safe if I climbed up on his dog house, but that only got his attention.  He put his front paws on the side of the dog house and started barking like I don’t know what.  I was so scared I booted him right in the snout and he backed right up and started whimpering.  I jumped off of the dog house and ran straight here.
“Well that’s my adventure.”
“All of that happened in half an hour.  Holy crab apples!”
“You bet it happened in half an hour.  It was quite the crazy time.”
“Sounds like it.  You are lucky you had a good reason for being late.  Well we gotta go; we will talk to ya tomorrow.  Same place, same time.  Next time come straight here Tommy!”




No comments:

Post a Comment